Thoughts, Suggested Steps and Resources for Operational ContinuityPosted 05/12/20
Board Meetings via Webinar
- Lessons learned from another district when conducting Board Meetings via zoom
- Executive Sessions - Breakout rooms can be used, learn how
- Payroll and other fiscal operations are a priority for all districts. All fiscal offices must be prepared for continued operations, even in a work-from-home situation. Fiscal departments must have their systems configured to allow for secure remote access, utilizing a VPN setup. Train on and practice these systems now. If any districts need assistance, contact OME-RESA Technical Services.
- Remote meeting technology, such as ZOOM, Cisco WebEx, Google Hangouts, etc. may be a powerful tool for continued operations when key team members are working remotely. All districts should select, implement and practice a remote meeting system, prior to any need which may arise. Several of these vendors are now offering free trial periods.
- Stakeholder outreach systems, such as School Messenger, One Call Now, etc. should be tested now and updates made as needed.
VoIP/phone system configurations should be set to allow phone calls to be handled from offsite locations. These systems should be tested now, prior to any real need.