OME-RESA will be moving the hosting of the ProgressBook Suite to the MCOECN centrally hosted environment. This move provides several advantages over hosting the application locally, some of these advantages include:
- Frees up resources on OME-RESA hosting clusters to support the demand for district hosted servers.
- Standard environment across the hosted Suite environments. Many ITCs have moved this direction with great success.
- Faster problem resolution time for discovered issues.
- Allows for re-purposing of OME-RESA staff time for new initiatives and increased user support.
OME-RESA users should not be affected by the move and everything will “look” the same as before. To ensure a successful transition of the data, OME-RESA will be scheduling downtime this summer to prepare and move the data. The schedule for this project will be as follows:
- The ProgressBook Suite (all Student Services Applications) will be taken offline, beginning Sunday, June 17th at 8:45 P.M.
- Complete backups of all systems will be performed that evening.
- Monday, June 18th, data backups will be securely sent to the SA Hosting Team. They will load the data into our pre-configured hosted environment. This process will probably take most of the day.
- Tuesday, June 19th, once the SA hosting team notifies us that the data load is complete, the OME-RESA student services team can beginning testing the applications, run reports, etc to verify that all is running as expected and that the data is accurate.
- Once complete testing and data verification is complete, districts will be notified that suite is available again.
- OME-RESA anticipates the Suite being back online by Wednesday 20th at the latest.
OME-RESA apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause and will make every effort to minimize the downtime. If this scheduled downtime conflicts with any major events that require the ProgressBook Suite, please notify OME-RESA as soon as possible.
Your patience during this project is appreciated